- 2 15 ounce cans pumpkin
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- Stir together the pumpkin, chicken stock, half-and-half, shallot, molasses, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and cayenne pepper in a large pot.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, cook bacon until crispy and crumble into pieces.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with bacon and blue cheese. Sigh with happiness.