For the salsa
- 4 ears corn, husked
- Olive oil for basting
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Juice from one lime
- Chopped parsley
- A few shakes of hot sauce (optional)
For the steak
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 pound flank steak (or thereabouts – can be a little bigger or a little smaller)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Heat grill to high. Baste corn with olive oil and grill, turning occasionally until kernels are starting to char. Cool until you can handle it, and then cut the kernels off with a paring knife.
- Mix together with the other salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Mix all the dry rub ingredients together. Lay the steak out on a piece of foil and rub the spice mixture vigorously onto both sides and the edges. Drizzle with a little olive oil and rub again.
- Place on the hot grill for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest under foil for 10 minutes.
- Slice, cover generously with the salsa and serve!