- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (or more if you like things spicier!)
- 1 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes with their juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Add oil to a large deep skillet and heat over medium heat. Add onion and stir until it starts to get tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pepper, tomatoes and white wine and simmer for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer until shrimp are just cooked through, about another 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- When the shrimp are done, stir in the butter until it is melted. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss well.
- Divide among plates, scatter scallions on top and serve.