Perfect fried eggs can be yours every time with an unexpected method! So break out the frying pan and the eggs and let’s make breakfast.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- A generous grinding of black pepper
- A teaspoon or so of your favorite dried or fresh herbs (optional)
- A couple of tablespoons of your favorite cheese, shredded or torn into pieces (optional)
- Pour oil into a cold frying pan and swirl it around until the bottom is coated.
- Crack the eggs carefully into the pan, keeping the yolks intact.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the eggs, along with the herbs and cheese if you are using those.
- Cover the pan and turn the heat on to medium low. Cook for 6 minutes with no peeking! This will produce eggs with creamy runny yolks – leave them on for another minute or two if you like them more well done.
- Run a knife between the eggs to separate them, slide them out of the pan onto plates and serve at once.