This zucchini pasta with ricotta recipe is the perfect answer to all that summer squash! It’s a nice light pasta supper perfect for any time of year.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces linguine
- Zest from two lemons
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a rimmed baking dish with non-stick foil. Brush with olive oil.
- Arrange zucchini in a single layer on sheets and brush it with more oil. Sprinkle on a little salt and pepper.
- Bake zucchini until tender and starting to turn golden, about 30 minutes.
- While the zucchini is baking, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and return to pot, saving about a cup of the pasta water.
- Add the olive oil oil, half of the lemon zest, and zucchini slices to the pasta and gently toss until everything is combined. Add a little of the reserved pasta water if you need to loosen the sauce.
- Divide the pasta mixture among plates, top with ricotta, sprinkle on a little more lemon zest and serve.