Roasted salmon with mango salsa is a delicious way to get in and out of your kitchen quickly with an elegant summery supper!
- 1 pound salmon filet
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into small chunks
- 1 cucumber, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- One jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and diced finely (use less if you don’t like things spicy!)
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 450. Place salmon on foil lined baking sheet, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- While the salmon is roasting, make the salsa: combine mango, cucumber, lime juice, onion and jalapeño in a bowl and mix gently. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Toss with tongs until spinach is wilted.
- Divide spinach among plates, place pieces of roasted salmon on top, cover with a generous amount of salsa and garnish with chopped cashews. Serve at once.