Want to know how to make homemade mayonnaise? All you need are eggs, oil, mustard powder and lemon juice, and 5 minutes. Here’s the easy recipe!
- One egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/4 cup light olive oil or safflower oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Put egg, salt and mustard powder in a food processor. Process until combined.
- With the machine running, pour in the oil as slowly as you possibly can – a teeny trickle. Blend until the oil is fully incorporated and your mayo looks like mayo!
- Gently stir in the lemon juice.
- That’s it! You made mayo! Store in the fridge after you admire it.
I love safflower oil best for this recipe. If you are using olive oil, use the lightest color oil you can find. The heavier olive oils can flavor the mayo in a non-mayo-tasting way.