- 8 ears of corn, kernels cut off
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 limes, juiced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, roughly chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- Blend corn, yogurt, milk, lime juice and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and stir in almost all the chopped shrimp, saving some for garnishing. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- If you like your soup chilled, put in refrigerator for an hour or two. It is also perfectly wonderful at room temperature.
- When ready to serve, ladle into bowls, top with tomatoes and avocados and reserved shrimp.