- 1/2 pound short pasta like penne or campanelle, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders, or boneless chicken breasts cut into small strips
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Preheat oven to 425.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Add to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until golden, turning gently with tongs halfway through. Remove to a plate and add the rest of the oil to the skillet.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and stir until softened, about a minute or two. Stir in cream, dried basil and salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and pasta and stir gently until everything is combined. Add one cup of mozzarella and stir again.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes.