Cornbread, spicy ground beef, cheese and veggies come together for this easy, pretty layered taco salad!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 3–4 cups cornbread cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
- Cook ground beef with taco spice mix according to directions.
- In a large glass bowl, assemble layers as follows: layer of cornbread cubes, topped with a layer ground beef, topped with a layer of cheese, topped with a layer of lettuce, drizzled with some ranch dressing, Repeat.
- For the final layer, top the salad with the remaining cornbread cubes, the remaining cheese, the tomatoes and a scattering of chopped scallions. Top with sour cream if you like.
- This can be eaten immediately, or held for a hour at room temperature.