Delicious grains, cheery tomatoes and seafood come together in this hearty and easy tuna farro salad! Perfect as a side dish or all on its own.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cups farro
- 7 ounces good quality jarred tuna, broken up into pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss tomatoes with a little olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Bring water to a simmer, add farro and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender but still chewy. Drain.
- Gently toss farro, tuna and tomatoes together. Drizzle on a few tablespoons of olive oil and add the lemon juice and toss again. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide among plates, top with mint and serve.
If you can’t find farro, you can substitute barley or brown rice, prepared according to package directions.