The best steak and eggs ever include a filet mignon steak, some spinach and polenta and one perfect poached egg. Because you’re worth it!
- Two servings polenta or grits, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach
- One 8 ounce filet mignon, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Prepare polenta or grits according to package directions. Stir in the butter, season to taste with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Saute spinach in a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until wilted. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet and cook steaks over high heat for 2 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Poach the eggs while the steak is resting, or if you really like them sunny side up do them that way. One way or the other, you want the yolks nice and runny.
- Assemble as follows on two plates: Half the polenta, the steak, half the spinach, topped with an egg. Grind a little pepper on top and serve at once.