Grilled tarragon and mustard steak is a delicious way to kick off grilling season!
- One 2 pound flank steak
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup mustard (Dijon or grainy Dijon mustard work really well for this)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, plus extra for garnish
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- Combine oil, wine, mustard, scallions and chopped tarragon in a zipper plastic bag. Add steak, seal bag and rotate until steak is coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours and up to overnight, turning the bag over occasionally.
- Heat grill to high. Discard marinade and grill steak for 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Rest steak under foil for 10 minutes (don’t skip this step, I beg of you) and then slice against the grain into thin slices. Serve at once.