Grilled shrimp and watermelon kebabs are quick, easy and the perfect sweet and savory summertime supper!
- 10 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 one inch square (or thereabouts) cubes of watermelon
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Rice (optional)
- Heat grill to high. Thread 5 shrimp and 5 watermelon cubes onto two metal skewers. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper.
- Carefully lay the skewers on the grilled and cook for 3-5 minutes per side until the shrimp are opaque. You’ll want to turn the skewers with tongs because the metal will be hot hot hot.
- When the shrimp are done, place on a platter (either on their own or on a bed of rice). Scatter cheese, scallions and nuts on the top.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve with lime wedges.