A few spring vegetables, some ricotta and a little crusty bread are all you need to make these pretty tartines!
- 4 slices italian bread, sliced on the diagonal into long thin slices
- Olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup peas (thawed if they are frozen, or simmered for a few minutes if they are fresh)
- About 20 thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- Brush bread slices with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Toast until golden.
- Heat oven to 425 and place asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and roast until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Spread each toast with ricotta. Top with peas and a few asparagus spears. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve and THINK SPRING!