Fish, vegetables and pesto cook up to tender perfect in this recipe for halibut and spring veggies in parchment packages.
- 1 pound halibut or other seafood filet, cut into four pieces
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, cut into three inch strips
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into three inch strips
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut out four squares of parchment, about 12 inches long and wide.
- Paint a little pesto on the center of each square, and place a piece of fish on top. Spread with more pesto and top with veggies. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle about a teaspoon of olive oil on top of each serving.
- Fold parchment as follows: left side over the fish to the right, then the right side over to the left, so they overlap. Now fold the top and bottom ends underneath to make a loose packet. Place the packets on a rimmed baking sheet (just in case of any leakage) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully open the packets, transfer to plates (making sure you drizzle the drippings on top) and serve at once!
You can substitute many kinds of fish filets for the halibut, such as cod, snapper and tilapia, and same goes for the veggies. Be creative!