Add some pasta to your frittata and take things to whole new heights with this crispy, tender, scrumptious recipe!
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Cook bacon in a ten inch non-stick skillet until crispy. Drain on paper towels and wipe out skillet.
- Put water, canola oil and pasta in the same skillet. Bring to a low boil and cook until water is absorbed, about 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together all remaining ingredients except parsley until well combined.
- Run a spatula under the pasta, shaking the skillet until the pasta isn’t sticking to the bottom. Using tongs, pull some of the pasta to the sides of the skillet so the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Pour egg mixture on top and cook until just barely set. Slide the frittata out onto a plate. cover with another plate, invert so the golden side is on top and slide the frittata back into the skillet.
- Cook for another few minutes until bottom is golden. Turn off the heat and let the frittata sit for a few minutes to settle.
- Slide out onto a plate, invert again if you like to get the prettier side up, and garnish with parsley. Cut into wedges and serve!