Chicken pot pie transforms itself into your new favorite sandwich in this easy recipe!
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 soft rolls
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a deep skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and celery and saute until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and poultry seasoning and simmer another 5 minutes until slightly reduced. Stir in chicken and peas and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat rolls in the microwave or the oven until just warmed. Cut in half and scoop out a little of the bread insides until you have a little hollow in the top and bottom of each roll.
- Divide the chicken filling between rolls, pop the top on and serve.