Shrimp, marinara sauce and orzo meet up with feta cheese in this simple and satisfying soup recipe.
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth (I like the Pacific and Imagine brands)
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh ground pepper
- Put the wine and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add orzo and cook until done, about 7 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce and shrimp and simmer until shrimp is cooked through, another 2 minutes or so.
- Ladle into warmed bowls, garnish with cheese, parsley and a generous grinding of pepper and serve.