Browned butter, walnuts and parmesan cheese team up to make a heavenly pasta sauce in this simple recipe!
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in heavily salted water according to package directions. Scoop out 1/2 cup pasta water before you drain it and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Stir it until it turns brown. As soon as that happens, take it off the heat.
- Add the drained pasta, the cheese and the walnuts to the skillet with the butter. Toss everything with tongs until well combined, drizzling in just enough pasta water to make a light sauce.
- Serve on warmed plates with a generous grinding of black pepper.