Crisp green beans, nutty farro and tangy feta come together in a warm and wonderful salad that is good and good for you!
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup farro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and steamed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil and add farro and salt. Cover the pot, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until farro is tender. Drain.
- Place green beans and farro in a mixing bowl. Add vinegar and olive oil and toss. Add parsley and toss again.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Add crumbled feta cheese and give one more gentle toss. Grind a little more pepper on top and serve either warm or at room temperature.
If you can’t find farro, you can substitute cooked pearled barley or even brown rice.