Let your slow cooker transform your dinner into spicy deliciousness with this recipe for slow cooker creamy chicken tacos!
- 3–4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- One jar of your favorite salsa (mild to hot, depending on how spicy you like things!)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- 8 flour tortillas
- Sour cream, hot sauce and/or chopped scallions for garnish
- Place chicken and salsa in slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred into bite sized pieces, using two forks.
- Add cream cheese to slow cooker, turn heat to high and stir until cheese is melted. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and stir until everything is combined.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave, or over a gas burner turned on medium low until warmed and a little charred.
- Place a generous spoonful of chicken in the center of each tortilla. Top with sour cream, hot sauce and/or scallions. Roll it up and enjoy!
If you don’t need 8 tacos, save the remaining chicken in the fridge – it makes AMAZING leftovers!