When a full-sized meatloaf is a little two much, down-size with this recipe for delectable meatloaf cupcakes, complete with mashed potato frosting!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or meatloaf mix
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcerstershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups warm mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick tin foil.
- Combine all ingredients except potatoes in a mixing bowl. Mix with clean hands until combined, and then divide among the muffin tin, smoothing the top. Bake until done, about 30 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes rest for 5 minutes, and then lift out of the tin, using the edge of the foil. Carefully peel the foil down and transfer to a platter or plate using a spatula.
- Frost the top of each cupcake with the mashed potatoes. Grind on a little more ground pepper and serve at once.
This recipe is for 12 cupcakes, but if there are only two of you, you can cut the recipe in half or even in quarters. Simply beat the egg before you add it to the mixture and add half or a quarter.