Move over peanut butter sandwiches….the creamy, dreamy peanut soup is in town!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use the smooth kind)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, plus extra for garnish
- Put the butter in a heavy deep saucepan and melt it over medium high heat. Add the celery and stir for 3 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Stir in flour until well combined, then add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender (or use your immersion blender) and blend until smooth. Add peanut butter and half and half and blend until combined. Return the soup to the pot.
- Heat over medium low heat until warmed through. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.
- Ladle into warmed bowls, garnish with more chopped peanuts and serve.