Easy, warm, satisfying tomato ravioli soup, right from your slow cooker to your bowl!
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped into one inch pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- Two 28 ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One 12 ounce package fresh mini ravioli
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Put the carrots, onion, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, oregano and sugar in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Puree mixture in a blender or in the slow cooker with an immersion blender, thinning if needed with a little extra chicken broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add ravioli, turn heat to high and cook until ravioli are tender, about 10 minutes.
- The soup can be served as is, or you can add 1/2 cup heavy cream to make it a little more luxurious! Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.