Shake up your banana bread with a little coffee and walnuts! This easy recipe for coffee walnut banana bread is the perfect brunch and snack treat.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten together
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 good and ripe ones)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional if you don’t want to use ’em)
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 9″ loaf pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together until well combined. Lower speed and add eggs and bananas and mix until smooth.
- Put flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and stir together gently with a whisk until well combined.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture to banana and mix. Add half the coffee, then another 1/3 of the flour mixture, then the rest of the coffee, then the rest of the flour mixture. If you are using the nuts, stir them in now.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then remove to a cooling rack. Share with someone you love!