Crispy bacon, soft scrambled egg, velvety mashed avocado and a little Sriracha nestle on a warmed tortilla in this breakfast taco recipe that is perfect any time of day!
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and mashed
- Sriracha or Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook bacon until it is done the way you like it. Remove bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate, cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Whisk eggs until well combined and add to the skillet with the bacon drippings. Stir until they are softly scrambled. Remove from skillet to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the tortillas, either for 30 seconds in the microwave or if you like a little char, place them on the grates on your gas stove over low heat for a minute, turning carefully a few times with tongs.
- Spread the warmed tortillas with mashed avocado. Top with egg, bacon, a drizzle of Sriracha or Tabasco sauce if you are feeling adventurous, and a scattering of parsley.
- Serve at once, telling folks to roll up the tortillas and dig in!