Shake up your regular hummus recipe by adding in some creamy avocado! Avocado hummus just might become your new favorite appetizer dip.
- One 15 ounce can chick peas, drained and well rinsed
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pits removed
- Juice from one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Olive oil and Sriracha sauce for drizzling
- Put chick peas, avocado, lime juice, salt and cumin in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- With processor running, pour olive oil in through the feeding tube. Process for another 30 seconds. If the hummus is too thick for your liking, add water by the tablespoon until it is the consistency you like.
- Spoon into a bowl, drizzle more olive oil and Sriracha sauce on top, and serve with tortilla or pita chips.