Stromboli! It’s like the love child of pizza and a calzone, and it can be all yours with this recipe! A fun and delicious lunch or supper treat.
- 1 12 ounce batch pizza dough, either homemade or from the supermarket
- 1/4 pound deli meat (salami, ham, etc)
- 1/4 pound cheese (I like provolone for this, but any thin slices or crumbled cheese will work)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking sheet.
- Roll out the pizza dough to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness, to about a 13×9 inch rectangle.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of pizza sauce along the long bottom 2/3s of the dough, leaving a clean 3 inch strip across the top.
- Layer on the cheese and meat, alternating as you go.
- Fold the short ends of the dough in about an inch (this helps seal the ends).
- Roll the dough long ways until you have a long rolled cylinder. Place it seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Cut several slashes on the top for the steam, and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 10-15 minutes until crust is golden. Cool for 10 minutes, cut into slices and serve with extra pizza sauce for dipping.