For Thanksgiving or anytime when a whole turkey is just a little too much, try this recipe for buttered turkey breast roast!
- One four pound turkey breast, bone-in with skin
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature, plus 2 tablespoons for the sauce
- 8 sprigs each thyme and rosemary, plus extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a rimmed baking dish with foil.
- Spread the 1/2 cup of butter generously over the turkey breast, gently working it under the skin and inside the cavity.
- Place 7 sprigs each of the thyme and rosemary on the baking sheet in a little pile and place the turkey breast on top, skin-side up. Place another rosemary and thyme sprig on top.
- Roast for an hour or until an instant read thermometer reads 160. Remove and cover with foil while you make the sauce.
- Pour the pan drippings into a small pot and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir until butter is melted and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Slice the turkey and serve, passing the sauce around in a pitcher for drizzling!