This quick and easy toasty cheddar vegetable oven frittata has everything from toast to cheese to veggies in it for the perfect all-in-one meal.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup asparagus pieces (you can blanch them for a minute in boiling water if you like, but you don’t have to!)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup bread cubes from a sturdy bread like sourdough or ciabatta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a ten inch oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Add bread cubes and a sprinkle of salt and cook the cubes until they are golden, stirring often. Remove and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs until frothy. Stir in veggies, cheese and bread cubes.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and stir gently until the eggs begin to set, about a minute.
- Transfer the skillet to oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve, either right from the skillet or transferred to a pretty plate (run a spatula under the edges to loosen.
Feel free to swap out the cheddar and the veggies if you have other cheese and veggies you like better!