- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth (I like the Pacific and Imagine brands)
- 2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra shavings of cheese for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 5 ounces short pasta (elbows, campanelli, penne, etc)
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Place chicken, both, tomato, onion, oregano and cheese in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred with two forks into bite sized pieces and return to cooker. Add pasta, turn heat to high and cook for another 30 minutes until pasta is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into warm bowls, garnish with shaved parmesan and parsley and serve.