- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Prick potato with fork and cook in the microwave until a paring knife goes into the potato easily, about 8 minutes. If you are cooking multiple potatoes you may need an extra few minutes. Cool until you can handle them and cut them lengthwise.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Carefully scoop out the potato without breaking the skin. Mash the insides with butter, milk and cream cheese if using. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the potato skins with the mashed potato mixture, all the way up the sides and about halfway up the center, leaving room for your egg. (You will have extra mashed potato – save it and heat it up for lunch with a poached egg tomorrow!) Put the potatoes on a baking sheet and crack an egg into the center of each one. Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is soft set.
- While the potato is cooking, chop up the bacon and cook until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- When the potato is done, place on a plate, scatter with bacon and scallions and serve!