- 2 large chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 summer squash (yellow or zucchini or one of each!), cut lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces short pasta (campenelle, penne, etc), cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Cool and shred into bite sized pieces. (You can also use a similar amount of leftover chicken if you have it!)
- Heat remaining olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add squash and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add sherry and tomatoes to skillet and raise heat to medium high. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add cream. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes,
- Add chicken, squash and cooked pasta to skillet and stir until everything is heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle onto plates, garnish with basil and serve.