- 1 package ramen, with the flavor packet
- 2 slices American cheese, torn into quarters
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook ramen according to package directions, including adding the flavor packet.
- Add cheese and butter and stir until cheese has melted.
- Crack egg into a small bowl. Pull the noodles to the side, gently pour in the egg, and then ever-so-gently drape the noodles over the egg. Cover and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Pour the whole thing into a large soup bowl. Sprinkle with scallions and fresh pepper, gently break the egg yolk so it melts into the broth, and eat it up. Feel much better.