Take your homemade salsa to whole new levels of wonderfulness with this simple salsa recipe. Bring on the chips and enjoy your new favorite appetizer!
- 2 tomatoes or 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ears of corn, husked and kernels cut off, either raw or simmered for a minute or two in boiling water and drained under cool water.
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Place chopped tomatoes in a strainer over a bowl or in the sink and sprinkle with a little salt. Stir gently and let sit while you make the rest of the salsa (this is to let some of the juice escape.)
- Bring a medium pot of water to a simmer. Add Old Bay, lemon juice and shrimp. Simmer the shrimp until just done, about 2-3 minutes, and let cool. Roughly chop.
- Place corn and shrimp in a medium sized bowl.
- Zest the lime and add the zest to the bowl. Cut the lime in half and juice it and add that to the bowl as well.
- Pour in the tomatoes and with clean hands, gently mix everything together.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and a couple shakes of hot sauce, and serve with chips.