- 2 refrigerated uncooked pie crusts
- 4 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (about 6 peaches)
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes (regular or sweetened)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with nonstick foil, using 2 pieces so you have some overlap hanging over all sides.
- Cut the piecrust dough into rough 9×9 inch squares. Place the first square in the baking dish, pressing the edges a little ways up the sides.
- Scatter the cereal over the dough, and then put the peaches in a layer on top of the dough.
- Pour the brown sugar evenly over the peaches.
- Top with the second crust and press the edges down towards the bottom crust. They don’t have to be sealed. Cut a few steam slices in the top crust and bake until golden, 50-60 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for about ten minutes and then carefully remove from the pan, using the foil edges as handles. Cool on a rack in the foil until completely cool. The waiting is the hardest part!
- When the pie is cool, make the glaze by mixing the milk and vanilla into the powdered sugar. If it is too thick add a little more milk.
- Carefully invert the pie onto a cookie sheet, and then again onto a platter. Drizzle the glaze over the top. Use it all!
- Cut into slabs and serve.