- 8 ounces short pasta (penne, ziti, campanelle)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Combine pasta, broth, water, tomatoes, onion, basil and parsley in a large pot. Bring to a simmer, and then cook for the amount of time indicated on the pasta box, stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta is tender, stir in the butter until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide among plates, topping with parmesan and a little extra chopped basil.