- 4 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 burger rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional for toasting the rolls)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Lettuce leaves and pickles slices for garnish
- Heat a heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels, leaving drippings in skillet.
- If you want to toast the buns (highly recommended!), melt one tablespoon of butter in a separate large skillet over medium high heat. Place two buns cut side down and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining butter and buns and set aside.
- Spread the ground turkey out on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick, keeping them as loose as possible while still holding together.
- Raise bacon skillet to high and place burgers in gently. Cook without moving for 3 minutes. Flip carefully and cook, covered for another three minutes. If you want your cheese totally melted top your burgers as soon as you flip them – if not, add it when you have one minute to go.
- While the burgers are cooking, mix the mayo and ketchup together to make a sauce. When the burgers are done, assemble as follows: Bottom bun, sauce, lettuce, burger, bacon, top of bun. Enjoy!