- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt
- I clove garlic (optional – this will give the hummus a bit of a bite!)
- Preheat oven to 450. Toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast until softened and starting to blister, about 30 minutes. Cool.
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas, tomato, basil, oil,cumin, a pinch of salt and garlic (if using) until smooth and creamy.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons water as necessary if you like your hummus creamier. I always do!
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.