- 8 ounces pasta (I like spaghetti and linguine for this one)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound local tomatoes, chopped into one inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute tomatoes and garlic until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and add to skillet with tomatoes.
- Stir in butter and cream until melted and heated through. Taste and season with salt and fresh gound pepper.
- Remove from heat and toss with basil. Serve, grinding a little more pepper on top if you like!