Jazz up your pound cake with the taste of brown sugar with this easy recipe! Brown sugar pound cake may just be your new favorite dessert.
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup), room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a medium bowl, stirring slowly with a whisk until well-blended.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on high speed.
- Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one by one. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture slowly to butter mixture, mixing on low until no streaks of flour are visible.
- Scrape mixture into loaf pan. Bake for about an hour and ten minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on rack.
This pound cake is great on its own, but is even better with fresh fruit, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream!