You can’t have it every day, but every ONCE in a while, treat yourself to buttered steak. It’s like decadence on a fork right on your supper table!
For the butter
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (chives, thyme and parsley all work well)
For the steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless rib-eye steaks, about 1/2 pound each
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- Make the butter by mashing the herbs into the softened butter until well-combined. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat for five minutes. Add the oil and carefully swirl to coat the skillet.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Place the steaks in the skillet and sear for 3 minutes per side for rare to medium rare (you may have to do this in batches or in two skillets). Don’t move the steaks except to turn them once.
- Let the steaks rest for a few minutes, then place a tablespoon of herb butter on each and serve at once.