Eggs, butter, pasta and a few herbs come together in a rich and silky sauce that is fast enough for a weeknight and elegant enough for company!
- 6 ounces fettuccine
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 3 eggs, beaten well
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (parsley, thyme and sage all work well)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in heavily salted water until done. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large deep frying pan over medium heat. When it is melted, stir in eggs. Cook until just barely set, stirring once or twice to break them up.
- Add pasta and herbs and toss with tongs until the pasta and eggs are combined. Add a little pasta water as needed to give the eggs a sauce-like consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve right away on warm plates. Feel much better.