- 1 cup grits, cooked according to package directions (I like the Anson Mills variety)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the grits according to package directions.
- While the grits are cooking, bring a medium pot of water to a simmer. Add the Old Bay and shrimp and cook just until the shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and roughly chop them into bite sized pieces. Set aside until grits are done.
- When grits are done, stir in butter and cheese until both are melted. Season to taste with salt.
- Stir in chopped shrimp. Ladle into warmed bowls and grind some pepper on top. Serve at once.