Tender flaky salmon in a gentle white wine sauce is both easy and elegant! Try this recipe for salmon in buttered white wine sauce tonight.
- 1 center cut salmon filet, about 1.5 pounds or so
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Capers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450. Place the salmon on a rimmed baking sheet, tucking the narrow ends underneath as needed to make the filet the same thickness all around. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and stir for one minute.
- Pour in the wine and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using two forks, carefully pull the salmon into large chunks. Spoon a little sauce on to each plate, place a few salmon chunks on top, drizzle with more sauce and scatter some capers on top. Serve at once.