A light and easy recipe for chicken in buttered white wine pan sauce turns ordinary chicken into an elegant and delicious dinner!
- 4 chicken breast halves, pounded to ¼ inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Chopped fresh thyme or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put olive oil and butter in a large heavy saucepan and heat over medium high until butter is melted. Add chicken and cook until golden on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add shallots and saute until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add wine and cook until it is reduced to a tablespoon or two.
- Add broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cold butter and stir until it is melted. Stir in herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and turn the pieces over until they are coated with the sauce.
- Place chicken pieces on warmed plates, drizzle sauce on top and serve at once.