- One 1/2 to 2 pound steak (shell, flank and sirloin all work well for this recipe)
- 2 cups butermilk
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs, rolled between your palms to crush the leaves
- Fresh ground pepper
- Combine buttermilk, garlic and rosemary. Grind in a generous amount of pepper. Pour into a zippered plastic bag.
- Add the steak to the bag, seal and turn it over a few times to make sure the steak is coated. Place in fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Heat grill to high. Grill steak for 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.