- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 eight ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Green apple and pear slices, for dipping
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp, and then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Leave the drippings in the skillet.
- Add the walnuts to the skillet and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 1-2 minutes. Remove to paper towels with the bacon.
- Put the cream cheese and blue cheese in a bowl and whip with an electric mixer until well-combined. Add half and half in small portions until the dip is the right consistency – you may not need all of it.
- Stir in the bacon and the walnuts, and transfer to a pretty bowl. Scatter scallions over the top.
- Serve with apple and pear slices.