Melting moments cookies are a delightful little sugar cookie guaranteed to melt the heart of the lucky person you bake them for! Here’s the easy recipe.
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- Stir cornstarch, powdered sugar and flour together with a whisk.
- Mix in butter until it forms a soft dough. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 300. Roll dough into small balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Press down slightly with a fork. Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then remove to a rack. Shake powdered sugar over the top (I like to do this by putting the sugar in a small fine mesh strainer and shake-shake-shaking over the top of the cookies!).
- Immediately bring the first one to someone you love and give it to them with a kiss.